British Council in Rabat is recruiting Project Manager- Society YAANI for 1 year fixed term part time contract.
The role profile
The Project Manager will manage the implementation and quality control of the local project “Young Arab Analyst Network International” (YAANI), an initiative launched by the British Council in partnership with Chatham House and funded by the Arab Partnership Fund, with the aim to pave the way for a future generation of Moroccan policy-makers and analysts and enable them to contribute significantly to the development of their communities. The project requires working with partners, stakeholders and wider target audiences in Morocco and the UK to meet the British Council’s strategic objectives.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Project and Financial Management and compliance
- Management of the project lifecycle, and all inputs/outcomes in accordance with defined British Council guidelines.
- To plan and manage project and contract finances using FABS ( Financial and Business System) for own areas of responsibility in full compliance with the British Council financial control and compliance standards.
- To prepare project quarterly reports
Project implementation & quality control
§ To plan, monitor and evaluate the high quality delivery of YAANI project working with the local partners, stakeholders, professionals and consultants in order to promote UK’s expertise in related working areas, to broker and facilitate links and collaborations between Morocco and the UK, and to position the British Council as a valued partner
Strategic planning and marketing intelligence
§ To contribute to realistic and well researched local project policies/plans to enable British Council to achieve its corporate goals.
§ To build and maintain British Council’s network in Morocco in agreed working areas, which will contribute to local sector development.
Behaviours: Making it happen, Creating shared purpose, Being accountable, Shaping the future, Connecting with others, Working together
Skills and Knowledge: Project Management; Financial Planning & Management
Experience: in Project Management or in working with civil society NGOs
Qualifications: Universitydegree or equivalent
How to apply?
1. Read carefully the role profile (the British Council behaviours: http://www.britishcouncil.org/behavioural_competency_dictionary.pdf guide and the generic skills dictionary. http://www.britishcouncil.org/generic_skills_pack.pdf
Download and fill the application form: http://www.britishcouncil.org/fr/appli1-morocco-application-external-2012-2014.doc
3. Send the application form to [email protected]