The AESVT-MOROCCO and its partner WWF Mediterranean calls for applications for the recruitment of freshwater Officer based in Casablanca. Background: Period: 1st May 2015 – 31 June 2016 Workstation: Casablanca, Morocco
The freshwater programme refers to the establishment of the conservation program of freshwater in Morocco as part of a partnership between the AESVT-MOROCCO and WWF Mediterranean (the World Wide Fund for Nature). The project « Eco’Fon Sebou: Payment ecosystem services and ecological flow » is part of the partnership programme aiming at the preservation of freshwater ecosystems in the Sebou basin, according to agreed objectives and time scale.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities
The freshwater Officer builds and manages partnerships with civil society, the private sector and the government at the relevant administrative levels, Defines terms of reference, develop workplans and implements the project activities and supervises consultants. The freshwater Officer coordinates on a daily basis with the AESVT management for project related relations with public institutions, communications, administration and office running issues.
- Eco Fon Sebou Project implementation:
- Leads and manages the implementation of the EcoFon Sebou project, under the collaboration agreement between WWF MedPO and the AESVT:
- Makes sure that the project activities contribute to the Conservation Strategic Plan
- develops work plans for the implementation of the project and makes sure the timeline is respected. When needed revises work plan to cope with adjustments agreed with the Freshwater Programme Manager;
- Leads, manages the implementation of the work plans of the Project Administrator and the Communications and Corporate Relations Officer, ensuring input and endorsement of these plans and Communications and Corporate Relations (for the Communications Officer);
- Guides the Project Administrator in the organization of the logistic for meetings and workshops to be organized in the framework of the project;
- Adjusts the monitoring framework for the project as detailed in the proposal and collects data for its implementation;
- Works closely with of the Communications and Corporate Relations Officer for the planning and implementation of communication work relating to the project and ensures that the Communications and Corporate Relations Officer reports and agrees plans with the Director of Communications and Corporate Relations ; ensures that the Communications Officer liaises with AESVT on planned communications activities;
- Supervises the Project Administrator to ensure the good administrative management of the project at local level; ensures that the Project Administrator reports to Director ; ensures that the Project Administrator manages in a timely and effective manner relations with AESVT administration department;
- Prepares progress technical reports for the project according to the schedule agreed with the supervisor;
- Responds to media enquiries and give interviews when and if needed with support of the Communications Officer and the supervisor;
- Attendance at capacity building activities organized to improve personal professional skills as needed;
- Other duties
- define strategic directions, identifying opportunities and in scoping donors;
- Support the Director for develop programme, scoping opportunities and relating with Moroccan actors as needed;
- Researches and identifies funding opportunities to develop the freshwater programme portfolio in Morocco;
- Scope opportunities for corporate fundraising in Morocco and develops relations ;
- Minimum qualification is Graduate degree (at least Bac + 4) in any or a combination of the following fields: water management, natural science, environmental and social sciences, economics, development, policies.
- Conservation background, basic understanding of IRBM and water ecosystems conservation in Morocco and North Africa.
- At least 3 years experience in water resources management or project management preferably in international environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in French and in English are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Able to work effectively and harmoniously in a multicultural environment.
- Ability/experience in facilitation stakeholder processes, engaging communities and institutional actors
- Possibly experience in relations with the corporate sector and civil society.
- Presentation and writing skills to produce presentations for stakeholders, project documents, submissions of positions
- Ability to coordinate technical consultants
- Field project implementation skills, including basic budget management, organization of events.
- Some communication skills, ability to talk to public and media.
14 months project Contract with a trial period of one month to be based in CASA. Deadline for receipt of applications (CV with photo and cover letter): April 10th, 2015 Thank you for sending applications to the following address: [email protected] with the subject: ‘‘Call for Applications freshwater Officer of the project « Eco’Fon Sebou »’’