Position: Communications Officer
Location: Tangier/Tetouan Morocco
About Golden Resources
Golden Resources is a company that offers back-office and operational support, as well as local expertise in the gender, M&E, and communications areas. Our company is recruiting a Communications Officer for its partner DAI.
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 60 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 180 countries. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
The FCO-funded Tackling economic, social and security challenges in Northern Morocco through support for Morocco’s regionalisation programme (TESS) is providing support to sustainable stability, security and prosperity in Morocco though an integrated approach. Working in this economically and politically marginalised region the Programme aims to produce a platform of stability and inclusivity conducive to harnessing the potential arising from investment and decentralisation occurring in line with Morocco’s development plan. Focussing on greater integration of Northern communities to strengthen political engagement at the regional and national level, link present economic opportunities.
Scope of Work
The Communications officer will be responsible for internal and external communications. The responsibilities of this position include: strategic program communications; assistance with technical components of planning and realization of communication strategies based on program activities; development of adequate communication tools; event planning; media relations; creation and maintenance of a database for contacts; drafting and review of written external communication (articles, brochures, leaflets, press releases etc.); internal and external program communications; development and implementation of social media strategy, in cooperation with programme technical staff and under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Adviser. Support to the design and maintenance of the website; development of and adherence to visual style guidelines and ensuring the quality of publications and other documents published by the program; supervision of support staff as appropriate; oversight and quality control of vendor’s deliverables.
The specific tasks of the Communications officer position are the following:
- Work closely with the programs Strategic Communications Adviser to support the program’s technical components in developing, implementing and refining the programs communication strategy;
- Raise the awareness of partners and other target audiences to the project’s activities in coordination with the technical department while developing appropriate communication tools.
- Develop and produce communications materials tied to program objectives.
- Ensure a targeted, coherent, and consistent message from all program staff and partners.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all program deliverables, including print, audiovisual and electronic communications materials, program reports, press releases, and success stories.
- Ensure program wide compliance with project branding and external communications guidelines.
- Manage the reporting process of the program official deliverables
- Organize program events as required with support from other departments;
- Oversee the development and operation of the program’s online portals, public website and social media accounts according to the communications strategy.
- Manage all media relations and facilitate contacts among members of the media and program implementers and partners to encourage coverage of program activities in the local press as needed.
- Create and maintain a database of all correspondents;
- In coordination with the procurement officer, serve as the focal point for the management of communication contracts when outreach products are outsourced.
- Identify service providers for the design of communication materials needed for special and other events (brochures, flyers, posters, etc.);
- Provide advice to the Team Leader, other staff members, FCO and partners on media engagement, deliverables, communications, and public outreach issues.
- Liaise with and advise project stakeholders and beneficiaries on media engagement, and public outreach issues.
Knowledge Management Responsibilities:
- Promote collaborative tools to facilitate knowledge sharing among internal teams and external partners;
- Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities;
- Help disseminate information about the organization’s knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, including organizing knowledge sharing events and preparation of brochures/presentations.
- Degree in Communication studies, Media or other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in fields related to communication and outreach;
- Excellent written and spoken Moroccan Arabic and French; good level of written and spoken English;
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to develop effective partnerships;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, work well under pressure and to handle concurrent projects including organizing media coverage, technical workshops, briefings and interviews.
- Experience of donor-funded projects and evidence of successfully delivering measurable outcomes;
- Excellent organisational, communication, analytical and document drafting skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the media and communication environment in northern Morocco;
- Demonstrable knowledge of political and social context in northern Morocco.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Experience with web-based information and discussion systems;
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement a social media strategy catering to diverse stakeholder information needs.
- Experience of strategic communications, PR, marketing and government or external relations an advantage.
Please respond to this advertisement by sending your CV and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) that outlines how you meet the qualifications and skills required for this role to [email protected] with “Communications Officer” in the subject line by January 7th, 2018.